HABITAT FOR HUMANITY OF TULARE/KINGS COUNTIES
CONSTRUCTION MANAGER – JOB DESCRIPTION
Supervisor: Executive Director
Relationship to Mission: To help Habitat for Humanity of Tulare/Kings Counties meet the goal of Building Houses, Building Lives, Building Hope, and Building Community.
General Description: Oversee construction process of Habitat houses (includes new construction and rehabilitation)
- Develop a written time-line for each building project
- Arrange to have materials on job site every work day
- Schedule sub-contractors, as necessary
- Communicate volunteer needs (number and skills required) to Volunteer Coordinator and coordinate scheduling
- Oversee inspections and other building department matters
- Provide basic construction and safety training for volunteers and homeowners
- Attend weekly coordination meetings with other Habitat managers
- Strong commitment to the mission of Habitat for Humanity of Tulare/Kings Counties
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of construction process and code requirements
- Computer literate, especially email
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Ability to work with both skilled and inexperienced volunteers
- Contractor’s License
- Relationships with local subcontractors
This is an hourly position and may be part-time or full-time. Compensation is based on qualifications and work arrangements. The work schedule may vary from week to week and will frequently include Saturdays.
Please submit a resume and letter of interest with a completed application form. Employment Application (2021-3)
For more information contact Habitat at email@example.com.