Habitat for Humanity of Tulare/Kings Counties
Job Description – Warehouse Manager
The ReStore Warehouse Manager represents the Habitat for Humanity brand through supervision of the ReStore’s warehouse activities at the Visalia and Hanford ReStores. Develop and implement procedures related to donation intake and transfer ReStore sales floor. Schedule, pickup, and unload donations for the ReStore in a timely and courteous manner using the ReStore box truck. Work with ReStore Manager to ensure donation processing procedures are developed and implemented. Maintain ReStore trucks and equipment to optimum working condition.
– Load and unload merchandise routinely at multiple sites.
– Schedule donation pick-ups and deliveries efficiently
– Maintain a clean and safe work area.
– Putting incoming donations from receiving area in the proper location.
– Moving priced items to the showroom floor.
– Adhere to the ReStore’s recycling efforts.
– Assisting customers and donors in loading and unloading merchandise.
– Cleaning up debris around dumpsters and back field.
– Utilizing and storing of dollies or carts for the safe transport of donations.
– Carry out regular truck and forklift inspections: Check fluids, tires, for all vehicles and report to Manager.
– Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
– Must understand and be able to accurately communicate the Habitat for Humanity mission.
– Must demonstrate excellent spatial awareness in organizing donations, equipment and other items as needed
– Must be able to use different types of warehouse equipment (hand trucks, pallet jacks, furniture dollies, hand tools, tie-down straps, etc.)
– Must be professional in appearance and a good ambassador of the Habitat brand.
– Demonstrate problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
– Able to work well and communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
– Able to establish, foster and maintain effective working relationships with staff, volunteers and the public.
– Able to work Saturdays
– Able to do heavy lifting – at least 50 pounds
– Must always demonstrate safety awareness in vehicles and use of equipment.
– Must assist on the ReStore sales floor as needed
– Must be willing and able to be forklift-certified
– Must be willing to drive ReStore box-truck for donation pick-ups as needed
– High School Diploma or GED
– Must pass criminal background check and new hire drug test
– Must have clean driving record
• Please submit resume, cover letter and completed job application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants without cover letters will not be considered. No calls, please.