How to Help
Businesses, organizations, congregations, groups or individuals can contribute to Habitat for Humanity. Volunteer, donate or join us at one of our events. Together we will see that every man, woman and child has a decent, affordable place to live. Sign-up as a volunteer.
How YOU Can Help!
- Build or remodel houses (skilled and unskilled workers are needed at various intervals).
- Become an office volunteer: data entry, marketing, phone calls and various other office duties.
- Become a ReStore Volunteer: help with sales, merchandising, assembling furniture, and picking up materials for our building material thrift store.
- Be a “Family Partner” and act as a liaison between Habitat for Humanity and the homeowner family.
- Join a committee to help with fundraising, special events and more!
- Use your checkbook as a hammer and donate directly to Habitat for Humanity of Tulare Kings Counties.
- Support our next project by donating directly to our…
How Congregations Can Help
Your congregation can provide a work crew and/or lunches on our sites. Our primary workdays are on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
To Schedule a Workday
- Determine the interest among your fellow parishioners.
- Determine if there are any skilled or semi-skilled workers that could serve as crew leaders for your group.
- Contact the Habitat office to schedule a workday; ideal work crews are 8-10 workers.
To provide lunch:
- Organize a group to assemble a simple lunch for a Saturday worksite (usually sandwiches, fruit, drinks, and dessert).
- Call the Habitat office to arrange a convenient Saturday to provide lunch and bring the lunch to the site.
How Corporations Can Help (partnership)
Corporate partnerships provide a proactive solution to eliminating poverty housing in our community while giving a corporation positive public relations and possible tax deductions. Habitat partners with companies in our area in many different ways – including:
- Product donations
- Service donations
- Financial support
- Sponsorship of a house or part of a house
- Grants and awards programs
- Providing lunch for Saturday work crews.
- Sponsoring and promoting fundraising events.
- Organizing a Saturday work crew from your corporation.
Saturday work crews are an essential element in the construction of every Habitat home. During a Habitat workday, your employees will see each other at their best. Employees involve themselves in a cause they can relate to, and one that produces immediate, tangible results.
If you would like to find out how your corporation can partner with Habitat for Humanity of Tulare/Kings Counties, please call our office at 559-734-4040.
Donate to Habitat for Humanity of Tulare/Kings Counties and help even more families realize their dream of a simple, decent, affordable home. Send your donation to PO Box 848, Visalia CA, 93279 or donate online.