Habitat for Humanity believes that every person deserves a decent, affordable place to live. Towards this end, Habitat for Humanity of Tulare/Kings County has been building, renovating and repairing homes with low-income families for over 25 years. Our entire community is healthier and stronger when all people have access to decent housing.
Habitat provides opportunities for families with limited incomes to become first-time homeowners. Each homeowner-partner does sweat equity on her/his future home by working alongside community volunteers; then makes affordable monthly mortgage payments to Habitat.
We have partnered with the City of Visalia, Hanford, Porterville and Tulare to acquire land for a new home build and to purchase and remodel foreclosed homes, providing even more homeownership opportunities for very low-income families. Much of the funding for all our programs comes from generous donations by individuals, businesses, and congregations.
HOW TO APPLY
In order to qualify for homeownership applicants must:
- Be willing to partner with Habitat for Humanity of Tulare County and work 250- 500 hours of ‘sweat equity’ on their own home or other Habitat projects.
- Earn between 50% and 80% of the county median income. ($22,000 to $42,000 – dependent on family size)
- Be a legal United States resident.
- Have a debt /income ratio that will allow for a mortgage payment of 30% of the family income.
- Have good credit.
- Be living in substandard housing (overcrowded, rent over 50% of income, house in poor condition).
Please contact Anita at the Habitat office; 559.734.4040 ext 100 or email email@example.com for more information.
Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Agency and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, handicap, familial status, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Important Information: At any step in this process, your application for a home may be denied if it is determined that you do not meet our criteria or do not fully meet the terms of the Habitat partnership. If at any time false or misleading information is discovered your application may be rejected.
Donate to Habitat for Humanity of Tulare/Kings Counties and help even more families realize their dream of a simple, decent, affordable home. Send your donation to PO Box 848, Visalia CA, 93279 or donate online.
Join us on a job site by calling the Habitat office at 734-4040.